Monday, November 22, 2010

It's a baby!

I have learned not to trust my instincts regarding baby gender. I was so sure E was a boy, and she is obviously a girl. And I was so sure this one was a girl, and it's definitely a boy. I guess my position against routine infant circumcision will become much less abstract in a few months.
Everything looks great. They think there's a slight chance of placenta accreta given the position of the placenta in relation to my bladder and my cervix. So they'll want to do another check at 28-30 weeks. But they didn't think it was terribly likely. I had a nursing student watching, so I got lots more detail from the tech than I would have otherwise. The pics didn't turn out very well, though. I got a DVD of video but no stills.
It was wonderful to see him for the first time. He was up so high they were trying to get a view of him through my belly button.

No comments:

Post a Comment